In this role you will be a member of the Moody's Analytics' development team, creating and supporting some of the industry's leading software solutions for the structured finance industry. You will work directly with the various stakeholders to support key applications and processes. You will be participating in strategy and brainstorming meetings and leading data-driven discussions. You will have opportunity to learn the intricate details of structured finance business and collaborate on POC projects utilizing AI/ML, AWS, Graph Databases, elastic search, streaming frameworks and etc.
* Understand and support the various data collection processes and distribution of all structured finance performance data (RMBS,CMBS, ABS, Agency, CLO/CDO asset classes). The data that we process is utilized in multiple internal and external products and solutions.
* Core activities will include supporting existing processes and applications, SQL server development, Apache Spark ETL/Streaming, new application modules and reports, developing new products in the structured finance space, as well as refactoring the existing infrastructure, general user support, periodic data auditing, troubleshooting and establishing a feedback loop to help identify problems and prioritize enhancements.
* Associate will be working within a team of developers in a startup like and highly collaborative culture, in a highly dynamic development environment.
* Minimum 4 years of experience working with object oriented programming languages (C#, Java, C++, or Python)
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
* Solid understanding of relational database technologies. Hands-on database development skills including SQL programming (developing stored procedures, functions and reports. Experience developing low-latency SQL queries/stored procedures. Experience working with one of the following: SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL databases.
* Proficiency with Spark 2.0+, HDFS ,parquet and Spark SQL.
* Experience engineering stream data pipelines with Spark Streaming and/or Kafka-Streams and developing data-driven products.
* Minimum 2 years of experience working with high volume OLTP/OLAP systems.
* 1+ years hands-on work experience in designing and building large-scale data applications and pipelines that are well-designed, cleanly coded, well-documented, operationally stable, and timely delivered.
* Working knowledge of AWS services like Lambda, EMR is a plus.
* Basic knowledge of REST and SOAP.
* Experience using/building APIs and knowledge of search technologies (Solr, Elastic Search)
* Minimum 2 years of experience with web UI frameworks.
* You will be involved in all aspects of SDLC, maintenance and support of global systems and be heavily involved in working with the business.
* You must be a quick learner with a strong aptitude for success in a fast paced and demanding environment.
* Good verbal/written communication skills required
* General financial industry concepts/ awareness required
Moody's Corporation is a company providing credit ratings, research tools, and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets.