The Machine Learning Platform team is hiring strong engineers to help us design MLflow, an open source tool for managing the Machine Learning lifecycle. In this role you will help define the APIs creating the standard that organizations use to manage their Machine Learning, from tracking offline experimentation through deployment to production systems. You will also build the services supporting the APIs in the open source and their integration into the Databricks product, a unified analytics platform that helps manage data processing and machine learning workloads in a collaborative, enterprise grade product.
* Design new and extend existing components of MLflow, such as experiment tracking, project management, and model deployment
* Implement proprietary integrations of MLflow into the core Databricks product
* Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production
* Architect solutions to achieve a high level of reliability, scalability and security
* Communicate effectively with other engineers in the same team, with other teams and with various other stakeholders such as product managers
* Mentor junior engineers or other engineers on the team to help level up their skillset
* 7+ years of production experience developing services in: Java, Scala, C++, Go, or Python
* Has designed and developed APIs used in production systems.
* Deployed production web services using container and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes to public or private clouds.
* Developed services leveraging SQL backend stores.
* Demonstrates customer obsession: has altered designs for frontend or APIs with the user experience in mind
* Developed and debugged software running on Linux OS
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment frameworks.
* Experience working on a SaaS platform or with Service Oriented Architectures
* Experience with software security and systems that handle sensitive data
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
* Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.