We are looking for a full stack software engineer to be a part of our E-commerce engineering team. As a member of this team, you will be building features that will help users shop, discover, and interact with a wide variety of products on Minted.com.
At Minted engineering we marry design with technology to deliver unique products that are beautiful and co-created by our artist community and our customers. Our engineers take on multiple roles and challenges not defined by titles, and we have a strong culture of mentorship and promoting from within, as well as project roadmaps that enable us to cross-train and learn from one another. We are a metrics-driven organization and we work hard to make sure every project we do is measurably impactful. We strive to maintain the balance between building out new features and scaling our platform while staying agile in a fast-moving environment.
* Own high impact and high visibility fullstack engineering projects end to end that support Minted's core e-commerce shopping funnel
* Identify and address bugs, performance bottlenecks, and other issues impacting our customers
* Build and maintain backend architecture for our high-traffic e-commerce platform that is scalable, extensible, and efficient in usage of system resources
* Ensure a high-quality codebase with design and code review as well as automated test coverage
* Able to juggle competing priorities in a fast-moving dynamic environment
* Obsessed with writing clean reusable code
* Excited about building excellent, web-based user experiences
* 1+ years of computer science related work experience
* Solid foundation in computer science, including data structures, algorithms, runtime performance and software design
* A strong work ethic and desire to learn new systems
* Bonus: Experience with React, Redux, Backbone, HTML, CSS
* Bonus: Experience with SQL, database modeling, and ORMs
* Bonus: Experience with ElasticSearch, Kafka, Flink, AWS
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Minted is a design platform whose mission it is to bring the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company's art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 40 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
Minted is a design marketplace that connects customers to independent artists.