Microsoft has made an enormous bet on delivering a modern data platform across both on-premises and Cloud. It powers innovation in every industry, facilitates breakthrough scientific and medical research, and underpins intelligent applications that are changing the way we live. Enterprise customers are using these platforms to disrupt markets and transform their existing businesses. Today Microsoft is considered a leader when it comes to the innovation in the data platform capabilities. We enabled it by delivering breakthrough product innovations and experiences. SQL on Linux, use of Kubernetes in deployment, our investment in distributed query processing and hybrid are few examples of such innovations that came in the last few years.
Do you have these skills and experience?
* Sc. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* 3-6 years of hands on software development
* 3+ years' experience C/C++/C#/Java coding skills
Any experience you have with these things is a bonus:
* Experience with both Windows and Linux
* Experience with version control systems Git, VSTS
* Experience with CI/CD using any of: Azure DevOps/Jenkins/AWS Code pipeline or GCP continuous delivery.
* Design and development experience in database engines, distributed systems, cloud computing, container technology, and operating system internals
* 3+ years of hands on operating systems development experience
* S./Ph.D. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft Data platform team is looking for someone interested in building highly efficient and automated build, test, release pipelines for existing SQL Server releases and upcoming technologies that integrate and operationalize Linux, Kubernetes, Spark, and other components of a big data stack. We are hiring software engineers to help define and implement the next set of technologies to enable Microsoft data platform to tackle a new set of enterprise problems. If that sounds exciting to you, then Data Platform team could be a great place to call home.
Here's a little introduction to our team:
* We spend our days collaborating with, teaching, and learning from a diverse set of world class engineers.
* We develop, test, and check code in every day.
* We are obsessed with customers and make data-driven decisions using telemetry collected from customers and production systems.
* We take time to build the engineering systems that allow us to focus on new problems and reduce overhead.
* We look for opportunities to use existing technologies and open source.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.