Do you want to work in a world-class services organization, building your skills while solving real customer problems? Microsoft's Identity Division is at the center of Microsoft's cloud strategy, building and operating authentication and authorization services that are used by the hundreds of millions of Windows, Office, Xbox, and Azure users worldwide. Our services are the first point of contact for all Microsoft customers, and without them our users cannot connect to the services they need to achieve more. For us, downtime and outages are never an option.
The Authentication Resilience team builds services and technologies to ensure that the identity stack is always up and running and users can always log in. We drive towards 99.99% availability and beyond by hardening authentication and building redundancies at all layers of the identity stack. We work with services across Microsoft and provide features and libraries to improve reliability and safety nets to minimize the impact of any possible issues, so that our shared customers can remain productive and secure.
We are a collaborative, closely-knit team with an agile customer-driven mentality. We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for building reliable, scalable, distributed systems and the desire to learn and grow.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
* 1+ years of software industry experience
* Proficiency in object-oriented programming languages like C#, C++, or Java
* Knowledge or interest in developing and maintaining complex web services
* Strong collaborative and interpersonal communication skills
* Knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Learn how to build and run world-class services at high scale and availability
* Implement high-quality features with an eye towards availability, diagnosability, and redundancy
* Debug issues in production and respond to them quickly to mitigate customer impact
* Approach difficult problems with an open mind, helping to build services and features that meet complex technical, security, and standards requirements
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.