In Cognition, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that's scientists "meeting" on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we're incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We're a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
* A BS, MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
* Development skills in C/C++ design and coding
* Prefer experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
* Technical problem solving and debugging skills
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Work on innovative technologies related to machine learning and computer vision that is applied to real world products and services. Some of the things you will do include:
* Research, improve, design, implement, bring-up, optimize, and validate cutting-edge human tracking algorithms on low-level, multicore systems
* Own the quality of your software
* Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including Silicon, Hardware, Program Management and Quality teams
* Own accurate design and costing for your engineering activities
* Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.