We believe that learning empowers people and can change lives. Here is an opportunity for you to influence online learning to enable people around the world to get the professional skills to get a job, advance their career, and to achieve more.
We reach millions of learners where they are, anytime, anywhere, and serve up content, such as online courses and labs. Our team uses Microsoft's cloud assets like Microsoft Azure and Office 365 to build cloud-hosted learning services. We also use open source software. Our experiences support different learning modalities, including video optimized content, assessments, simulations, and virtual labs. In addition, we're adding rich analytics, social learning, community forums, and game play to support personalized and recommended learning. These experiences are enabled through several product lines. You can check out Microsoft Learn @ http://Microsoft.Com/Learn, for one learning experience. You'll also find Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) on our Open edX instance at openedX.microsoft.com and at EDX.Org.
The ideal candidate should be self-directed, passionate about customers, and focused on delivering business impacting results. You'll bring:
* 5+ years' experience in design and development in few of the following technologies with expertise in at least two: Azure Data Lake, SQL, Azure Analysis Services, PowerShell and C#
* 5+ years' experience in working in agile software development processes.
* Strong BI, Data Warehouse, reporting frameworks, Relational Database development and performance tuning skills on large scale enterprise systems (5+ years).
* Experience with Tabular, OLAP databases, dimension modeling and MDX a plus
* Passion for software quality and strong customer focus
* Ability to leverage existing platforms and tools to improve delivery velocity
* Strong technical and communication skills, ability to deal with ambiguity, and very high level of creativity and inquisitiveness.
* Familiarity with DevOps concepts that include continuous deployment, deployment automation, telemetry frameworks and concepts, test driven development and Testing in Production.
* Desire to stay educated on emerging BI technologies (Distributed and Cloud Computing) and leverage them to develop compelling software solutions that serve as a proving ground for Microsoft technology.
* Strong preference for a 4-year degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems engineering or similar curriculum.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
On our engineering team, we have an immediate opening for a software engineer to retool our business intelligence stack. As a software engineer, you will be involved in designing, coding and testing BI capabilities that enable our critical business processes. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our world-wide operations. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies and adopt / onboard (Big Data, Cloud) while engineering for automated testing, continuous Integration and Deployment.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.