The Identity engineering team builds and manages Microsoft's online identity providers for all of Microsoft's online services and platforms like Azure, Office, Xbox, and HoloLens. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances in online security and user management. Our work spans both the consumer and enterprise space and can be found in internet scale online services, the Windows operating system and most phones and handheld devices. Identity engineering employees have deep technical expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Our teams are seeking Software Engineers, to join us as we create and deliver mission critical services and processes to enable Microsoft's online presence. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our world-wide operations. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies as the earliest adopters while mentoring other team members.
* 2+ years of software development and design experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related field, or completion of a Code/Developer academy program
* Operating in an Agile team
* Experience with direct, remote and virtual team
* Relevant experience in design
* Testing mindset, before beginning code development
* Translate problem solving techniques into code
* Understanding of data structure and data storage solution
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
* Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews
* System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions
* Develop "best-in-class" engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
* Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas
* Considers testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when code is ready to be shared and delivered
* Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas
* Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
* Focus on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach
* Troubleshoot and optimize automation, reliability and monitoring for LiveSite
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.