Blazing fast performance with incredibly high scale, availability and security to enable the most cutting-edge products on the web. Billions of requests per second and terabytes of bandwidth usage. Hundreds of millions of users. Are you up for a challenge?
The mission of the Azure Frontdoor team is delivering a highly scalable, performant and reliable service, that provides an abstraction layer to the internet for the world's premier web services such as Bing, Outlook, OneDrive, Exchange, SharePoint, Windows Update, Skype and Azure 3rd party customers. We accelerate some of the largest services in the world with hundreds of millions of users while also protecting them from malware and DoS attacks.
* 1 year of professional software development experience in C++, C#, or Java
* A smart, passionate, and skilled engineer looking to join a team of very strong engineers on a mission to build a fast, secure, and reliable software platform to accelerate web services.
* Attention to details and a drive for delivering high quality implementations and designs while also working on testing and operational aspects of the service as well. In our work environment you will find very friendly co-workers ready to welcome to the team and help you along the way. We foster and reward collaboration as a key part of our culture.
* Superb technical know-how, ability to quickly adapt to new technology and go deep in new focus areas
* Proven strong design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Great cross group collaboration skills
* Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: HTTP protocols, large scale web applications, web caching, asynchronous programming models and statistical analysis.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering field (PhD preferred)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Azure Frontdoor team is responsible for building out and operating infrastructure around the world, as well as building and shipping a sophisticated service with CDN, Global Load Balancing and Protection (including WAF) capabilities that makes each of the Azure Frontdoor customers experiences lighting fast and highly available services while staving off any threats from the internet to these services. We live and breathe the engineering culture that many web companies (both large and small) are increasingly adopting, where a single engineer wears all the hats necessary to design, implement, validate and release great features. We collaborate closely with product teams at Microsoft as well as internally to ensure we're maximizing efficiency in the system and deploying highly instrumented code to generate metrics across hundreds of thousands of requests/sec from thousands of servers located around the globe. We embrace Open Source (both using and contributing) and write code (C/C++/C#) in both Windows and Linux platforms.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.