Are you interested in helping deliver a product targeted at a multi-billion unit market? Thousands of businesses are undergoing a digital transformation to connect MCU based devices to the internet. 9 billion MCU based devices are shipped every year, and our team is building a turn-key, end-to-end secure platform for the internet of things.
We're looking for engineers to join the Azure Sphere team. As a team member you'll help us define, build and ship the software APIs, interfaces and critical product features across our OS and Azure based services.
We are a rapidly growing team and multiple positions exist across our firmware, OS, services and engineering systems teams.
Come join us! Team members have unparalleled opportunity to rapidly learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about this exciting new project, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere
* 1 or more years of software design and development experience.
* A bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering, OR an additional 4 years' work experience.
* Experience developing production software using C or C++ or C# or Java.
* 2 or more years of experience working either in a product that relies on C or C++ or C#.
* Experience using software or hardware debuggers to debug issues.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Architect, design, and implement features in a V1 operating systems project in collaboration with teammates.
* Build solutions to enable external hardware partners to onboard to the Azure Sphere OS
* Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures
* Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, quality, diagnosability, and testing of the software you build.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.