There are active partners of Microsoft's who are working on projects that will cut energy usage of a building by twenty percent, change the way buildings are managed and used, work toward a new model for energy distribution, and many other innovations. Imagine that you are a member of a key team responsible for building out the platform that makes all this possible, interacting directly with these exciting partners!
This is just one of the goals of the Microsoft Azure Digital Twins Team. We're continuing to build a Platform as a Service that enables companies worldwide to quickly leverage our IoT technology for their emerging solutions. Our platform will scale to work with massive amounts of data, helping companies turn the corner on energy consumption, space utilization, and productivity.
The Azure Digital Twins team is already a leader in the area of domain modeling technology, and we will continue to work closely with our key partners to enable the kind of revolutionary technology that Azure and IoT (Internet of Things) enable. The Microsoft Campus in Redmond has leveraged this platform, saving Microsoft millions of dollars per year in energy costs. We've launched our public preview to great reviews, very solid usage and have evidence that our approach is making a difference.
Our developers are collaborating daily with external Microsoft partners to build out an innovative, scalable and reliable system to improve their workplaces. We're built on trust and teamwork, working toward shared goals and an iterative approach that delivers value and stability to our customers on a weekly basis. We are embracing open standards in this space and have contributed to open source projects to accelerate our investments.
We are looking for team-oriented software engineers to join our innovative team. We are growing fast, but remain agile. You will work with teams across Microsoft and established industry players. Our partners and customers are eager for solutions and ready to bet big on Azure.
If IoT has been on your radar and you are excited about exploring the power of IoT and the cloud to make the most of devices and smart business solutions, let's talk!
* A minimum of 3 years' industry development experience
* Experience writing software in one or more high level languages, such as C#, Java, C++, or equivalent
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related engineering field, OR equivalent industry experience
* A positive attitude and a passion for software development
* Ability to work within product teams as well as across multiple partner product groups or external partners
* Experience with Distributed Systems and/or Distributed Compute (IoT Edge)
* Experience with IoT devices and ability to work on IoT projects with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and other maker hardware - a plus
* Experience building client applications in one or more of: Windows, iOS, Android, or Linux - a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As is true for all of our engineers, this position has direct and clear impact on our product and our customers. The scope of responsibilities includes:
* Crafting APIs and infrastructure to support a wide-range of devices and services.
* Building on Azure services including Azure IoT to enable partnerships and scenarios.
* Working with key external customers to implement industry-leading IoT solutions.
* Working with partner teams across the company to integrate Microsoft technology with Digital Twins.
On the Azure Digital Twins team, you'll benefit from a diverse and inclusive atmosphere, with a focus on mentoring and opportunities for every person on the team to own features and grow their career. Come join us!
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.