Do you have a passion for problem solving and solutions development combined with a desire to combat piracy and help Microsoft lead the industry creating cutting edge advanced analytics and methodologies?
As an Channel & IP Protection Digital Solutions Developer, you will own and expand Microsoft Operations proprietary channel risk issue detection and response solutions and platform, designing and implementing agile data processing algorithms, developing industry-leading security and risk management solutions, and interacting with technical and non-technical counterparts. Combat piracy/fraud and other channel risk issues and help Microsoft lead the industry by creating cutting edge technologies and methodologies.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related technical field or equivalent 5+ years of experience
* X years' experience minimum in Software Development, Software Engineering, Data Science, or Business Intelligence
* Strong problem solving and algorithmic thinking capability
* Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and identify important problems to solve
* Strong communications and collaboration skills
* Proficient in two or more of the following areas and have 3+ years of relevant industrial experience: Software engineering in C# / C++, Python; Microsoft BI solutions; Big data solutions; Data mining and machine learning; Big Strong database and SQL Server knowledge; be able to write SQL queries perform to information retrieval, natural language processing, graph computation; Large scale distributed computation is a plus.Etherium or equivalent blockchain technology preferred
* Fully bilingual (English & Spanish)
* Experience in SQL 2016 developing SSIS package, Entity Framework, SSRS Reports, SQL jobs that can be automated and schedule with large-scale, complex dataset, LiteSpeed, HADRON
* Prefered Programing Languages: C# (Razor Syntax), LinQ
* Experience developing tools for data rendering , Data Quality, Reporting portals
* Azure/Cloud services development experience prefered.
* Machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies development prefered.
* Blockchain development experience prefered.
* Background with ECIT PA Intel, MS Product Key Analytics and Lifecycle, COSMOS and Azure data models all desirable
* Experience with statistical packages such as R, SAS, SPSS, and languages such as Python
* Individual should be highly motivated and self-directed
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
* The ability to take a broad view of the system as a whole
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Designing and implementing risk management, security solutions & tools that support the Channel Risk Management space, particularly using machine learning models, blockchain, and SQL technologies
* Design strategies to manage Big Data (both relational DBs and Stream Data).
* Design automation solutions for anti-piracy related business processes (Channel Protection and Confidential Investigations spaces) that supports detection and prevention efforts.
* Partner with analysts and investigators to build agile algorithms/methodologies designed to prevent piracy/fraud and other channel risk issues.
* Partner with peer engineers in Protection Servcies to support other technology initiatives and projects.
* Responsible for successful completion of development aspects of projects in conformance to project goals and requirements.
* Assist with sprint planning and participates in the creation of new guidelines and procedures.
* Analyze and troubleshoot solutions/tools, existing processes and optimize code in order to improve performance whenever possible.
* Develop and enforce development best practices designed to promote code reusability; assist in defining and updating the team standards to improve the development process and quality of deliverables.
* Foster proactive and cooperative relationships exist within the project team.
* Partner with with Channel Protection Managers and other Protection Services colleagues to drive and build solutions that meets business requirements, objectives and metrics.
* Participate in project team activities and contribute to documentation requirements consistent with methodology.
* Prepare presentations and status reports.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.