Microsoft's Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning team is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group enabling the growth of all of Microsoft's Cloud businesses by optimizing and automating the delivery of the physical infrastructure powering the cloud.
Our team is focused on improving the productivity of CSCP operations and engineering teams, particularly by inverting how business decisions are made - accelerating our move to automated, data-driven decisions made by intelligent software that can present decision-makers with pre-optimized options. If you are seeking an agile environment that ships frequently while maintaining a focus on long-term bets, want to work with new technology on both front-end applications and back-end services, enjoy driving innovation in a fast-paced engineering team, are passionate about building great user experiences using latest cutting edge technologies, and yearn to build highly scalable distributed services, this is the right opportunity for you!
* 2+ years of industry experience developing software platforms, preferably in server or cloud-based systems
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We're looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated software engineer to transform how Microsoft delivers cloud computing resources around the world. We operate at the center of Microsoft's business transformation to ensure capacity is available when and where it is needed. We work with multiple engineering and business teams to connect data and systems that enable critical business decision-making.
* Develop front-end applications and back-end services that generate critical business insights to power mission-critical decisions
* Deliver platforms and tools that accelerate application building and provide consistent user interactions across a variety of applications
* Engage with engineers and business partners to identify opportunities to accelerate business decision making
* Act as an expert in getting applications and services to production quickly while ensuring code quality and security
* Excellent computer science fundamentals with strong testing, debugging, and analytical skills
* Knowledge of various design patterns and technologies that enable business problem-solving at scale
* Experience developing high-performance service-oriented solutions
* Strong communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering colleagues
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.