What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and dream to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD is seeking a Software/Hardware Design Engineer with strong interest in verifying next generation low power, high performance microprocessors. Member of a cross-site team owning development, enhancement, and deployment of AMD Architectural Verification Tools, including Random Instruction Generators (Exercisers), Instruction Set Simulators, and Architectural Coverage Analysis. The team develops and maintains these tools and delivers to multiple internal customers for pre- and post-silicon verification.
Specific Job Functions:
* Design, document, and develop complex verification tools including Exercisers and Instruction Set Simulators for the x86 Architecture
* Redesign and refactor parts of the tools
* Manage tool build, maintain regression suites, and debug tool issues
* Analyze instruction set coverage for new designs
* Provide applications support to pre- and post-silicon verification
* Work closely with design verification teams across the company to ensure high-quality designs
* Utilize strong software engineering methodology and automation flows to ensure high quality and enhance overall productivity
Ideal Candidate will have:
* BS + 6 years experience or MS + 4 years experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
* At least two years of experience in areas related to microprocessor design verification
* Experience with programming in a Unix/Linux environment
* Strong object-oriented programming skills
* Solid experience with C++ and STL, and scripting languages including Ruby, Perl, or Python
* Strong knowledge of microprocessor architecture (x86 preferred)
* Familiarity with x86 programming
* Solid understanding of modern design verification methodology is preferred
Requisition Number: 73610
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics units, processors, and media solutions.