Reporting to the Health Mart Atlas IT Director, this role will contribute to the design, architecture, and delivery of cutting-edge software to assist pharmacies in maximizing their reimbursements and providing transparency in payer contracting. This individual will be an instrumental role in the Health Mart Atlas development team and will provide critical input into product and feature design, tool selection, development processes, and the rearchitecting of legacy software.
* Work closely with product owners, usability experts, and customers to develop and refine applications and features.
* Staying up to date on latest technologies, open source projects and best practices.
* Develop application code according to user stories, requirements, and acceptance criteria.
* Promoting development best practices.
* Maintaining and improving product security.
* Ensuring compliance with HIPAA and other regulations.
* Operations and production support.
* Optimizing application performance and scalability.
* Promoting standards-based healthcare interoperability with internal and external partners.
* 4+ years experience in software development.
* A DevOps mindset.
* 2+ years of Java, Node.js, or Angular experience.
* Agile development experience.
* Test-Driven Development (TDD) or Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) skills.
* Source code control with git.
Additional Knowledge and Skills
* Knowledge of EDI 835 standards.
* Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience.
* Strong object-oriented design.
* Linux (RHEL) or Windows Server.
* Cloud platform experience (Azure preferred).
* NoSQL Database technologies.
* C# .NET experience is a strong plus.
* Serverless technologies.
* 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience. MS or BS in Computer Sciences or Engineering preferred.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.