Mantech International Corporation
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Entering ManTech's 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a "Top 100 Global Technology Company" by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation's most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Software Engineer, in the Herndon, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The Innovative Security Solutions (ISS) Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer's success is driving our growth.
The Software Engineer will be a key member of our mission infrastructure development team. This team develops network-connected backend services, as well as web-based interfaces. The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic and passionate engineering professional, have expertise in a variety of fields, and be able to professionally represent ManTech in customer facing meetings.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
* Write stable, extensible, and maintainable code.
* Integrate with third-party APIs and internal utilities.
* Maintain and add to a suite of automated test.
* Participate in code reviews.
* Participate in the project's agile process.
* Translate technical requirements into high-quality, secure, and robust implementations.
Security Clearance Requirement:
US Citizen and the ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance is required. Current Secret or higher clearance is highly preferable.
* Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, and 5+ years of relevant experience.
* Experience contributing to a large software project.
* Ability to design features for and maintain long standing software systems with a small team of developers.
* Strong knowledge of Linux.
* Quick learner, both able and willing to learn new technology and software.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision, while collaborating with team members regularly.
* A passion and desire to produce elegant code.
* Experience with Python 3.x.
* Alternatively strong experience in other languages is acceptable: C/C++, Java, C#, Go, Rust.
* Exposure to frontend technologies and how they fit into the larger software design
* Understanding of REST APIs.
* Exposure to databases and SQL.
* Ability to analyze network traffic using Wireshark, tcpdump or related tool.
* Strong understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking concepts.
* Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
* Experience with tunneling protocols (e.g. OpenVPN, OpenSSH, IPSec, GRE, L2TP).
* Experience with VMware and vCenter.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or other cloud service providers.
* Experience with Ansible.
* Experience with Docker.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About Mantech International Corporation
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.
Mantech International Corporation