Software Engineer Manager
Req #: 190013085
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages: Java and Microsoft based solutions
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Strong technical Software Engineering Manager role with Java experience doing full stack, high performance applications
* Ability to drive solutions, lead while working on teams to deliver design vision, review designs and code to ensure the vision is delivered
* Deliver projects that adhere to continuous delivery practices with automated unit testing, integration testing and performance testing pipelines
* Experience with Kafka or similar stream processing software
* Experience designing event based systems
* Experience with caching software such as Gemfire or similar software
* Expectation is for hands on design and coding
* Ability to present information to wide variety of audiences including senior management
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
Requires US Citizenship or Permanent Lawful Resident Status for 7 years contiguous required
The position will be responsible for driving the creation of a new user interface that integrates with machine learning technology and open source workflow solutions.
As a Manager you will be responsible for coaching developers that work on Agile teams. You will work to improve the unit, automated and performance testing in the delivery process.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.