Req #: 190044980
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Software Engineer - Associate
As part of the JPMC Technology Group, you ensure project objectives are in support of audit and information risk policies. Participate in technical design and architecture while incorporating best practices. Prioritize and manage development and implementation of projects/enhancements by JPMorgan employees as well as consultants based in US and overseas. Oversee installations and release management including the final production acceptance review and signoff.
Expectations include significant application development experience, strong technical expertise, proven background in managing client requirements & expectations and a good understanding of risk management & application security. You will create and execute on projects using the Agile development philosophy.
* Lead the post-implementation review evaluating project results, including client satisfaction. Effectively collaborate with the Business Analysts, Testing teams, Product, Operations and Infrastructure partners to deliver a high quality product to our business.
* Partner with Production Support to resolve production issues, monitoring and capacity management. Champion initiatives and implement solutions to reduce baseline application costs.
* Lead the post-implementation review evaluating project results, including client satisfaction. Promote effective teamwork and manage the resolution of interpersonal issues.
* Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
* Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Additionally, document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules.
* Participate in implementation reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
* 8 + years of software development experience; analysis, design, coding, testing and debugging skills
* Strong technical experience with mainframe technologies, such as COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2 along with messaging TCP/IP, MQ, etc.
* Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures; Endevor experience a plus
* Ability to develop strong internal and external relationships
* Experience leading geographically distributed and culturally diverse workgroups with strong team management, leadership and mentoring skills
* Experience leading multiple projects concurrently
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
Additional Skills Preferred:
* 5+ years of expert programming experience with InvestOne (Sungard's fund accounting product)
* Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge.
* A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
* Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and production of documentation appropriate to an audience.
* The ability to shift perspective from high level 'Big Picture' to low-level detail.
* Good prioritization and time management.
* The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately.
* The ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline.
* The ability to work within a large team, sometimes under stress, but always under control.
* The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
* Apply today, and put your passion for technology to work at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.