Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. Our fleet of +100 orbiting spacecraft deliver an unprecedented firehose of imagery that captures the entire Earth's landmass nearly every day at 3m/pixel resolution. This combination of temporal frequency, spatial resolution and global coverage represents a groundbreaking technological advancement that enables new kinds of data analytics and powers solutions to many global-scale problems.
We are both a space company and a software & analytics company, all rolled into one. If you are passionate about space and machine learning, Planet is the right choice. Reasons to join us include:
* We are a young and successful cube-sat company, unique in its domain.
* You will work with a geospatial dataset that is new to humankind. Imagery of the entire globe, every day. Think of the possibilities.
* You will work on cutting-edge applications of deep learning on remote sensing.
* You will build machine learning products that get served at a global scale.
* You will work in a dynamic, talented and inclusive work environment.
* All departments are in the same building. You sit together and learn from teams like spacecraft, mission control and launch.
* You get to watch several rocket launches per year, sometimes in person.
In the Analytics Engineering team, we are focused in developing core and customer-facing intelligence products that will change how our industry measures global activity. For example, we can build systems that detect deforestation within a few days from occurring, anywhere in the world. Our customers come from a range of sectors, including commercial, environmental and humanitarian.
We have a strong machine learning team and are looking for talented engineers with applied product experience to join us. If you are a team player, focused on product delivery, and are excited about deep learning, computer vision or spatio-temporal analytics, this would be a great fit for you.
* Active participation in a collaborative software development environment.
* Contribute to the design and development of data pipelines to train, evaluate and deploy models at scale.
* Contribute to the development of new models and analytic products using geospatial data.
* Collaborate closely with peers in other engineering teams and interface frequently with product teams.
* Strong background in Machine Learning.
* Strong Python software development skills.
* Good foundations of software architecture, object-oriented design, APIs and testing patterns.
* Experience implementing machine learning models and deploying them in scalable environments.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Few years of experience building production software and API services.
* Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow.
* Experience leading and managing small teams and projects.
* MS or PhD degree in topic related to Machine Learning or Computer Vision.
Some interesting articles and press:
"Sub-weekly detection of deforestation" -- Planet blog
"Accelerating disaster response at the intersection of space and ML" -- Planet blog
"Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace" -Planet blog
"Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.planet.com/careers and apply.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.