Lion Studios is a dynamic studio that delivers captivating mobile app experiences to over a billion users around the world. Founded in 2018, Lion Studios has already helped drive seven #1 overall free apps in the App Store and over ten which ranked in the top 10 overall. These titles include smash hit puzzle games Mr. Bullet, Flip Trickster, Happy Glass, Love Balls and Weave the Line, hyper-casual games Big Big Baller and Draw In, and money-clicker games Hooked Inc and Cash, Inc. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Lion Studios is focused on helping app developers build profitable app businesses, offering the industry experience and creative services teams they need to reach their goals faster.
At Lion Studios, we analyze and manage enormous amounts of data for a broad portfolio of published titles. Our business requires tools that must be responsive allowing us both to manage and query the data in a timely manner. You will be building tools to query and present data, increase productivity of business and product teams, as well as create administrative tools for managing player state across a number of our titles.
We are looking for a driven and results focused Software Engineer to join our team in San Francisco. If you are looking to make an impact, and the opportunity to work with a fun, collaborative team - we'd love to talk to you!
* Design, develop, test, refactor and scale new and existing internal tools (i.e. building a user authentication server)
* Manage code and test frameworks from development through deployment and maintenance
* Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
* Be a technical leader with the ability and desire to mentor other members of the team
* Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team
* B.S. in Computer Science or an equivalent Engineering degree (M.S. degree is a plus)
* Experience writing, troubleshooting, and debugging complex SQL queries on distributed systems/MPP (massively parallel processing) architecture
* Good understanding of query profiles and execution plans to analyze performance and make recommendations
* Strong knowledge of RDBMS, SQL data types, and functions
* Solid understanding of the fundamentals of cloud storage ecosystem
* Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
* Excellent troubleshooting skills on a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, *Nix)
* Excellent ability to interpret systems performance metrics (CPU, I/O, RAM, Network stats)
* Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have a solid knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SFTP, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
* Scripting/coding experience in any of the following: Java, Python, .Net, Node.js, R
* Excellent writing and communication skills with attention to detail
* Experience working in mobile games
* Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
* Free public transit
* Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
* Free gym membership
* Fun company parties and events
* Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
* Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it
Interested? Send us your resume and let's talk!
AppLovin is a mobile marketing platform that helps the world's largest brands reach over two billion consumers globally with relevant content.