Viasat is a leading satellite internet provider and provides best in class connectivity and in-flight entertainment services to dozens of major airlines across the globe. The Monetization Platform team has been recently formed to focus on building innovative products across media, advertising and sponsorships for our airline customers. We believe there is a tremendous opportunity to add value-added services for our clients that increase the overall passenger experience as high-speed internet becomes more standard in the air. Air Travel is evolving and the Monetization Platform team will be at the bleeding edge.
ViaSat seeks a Software Engineer Lead to join our growing company. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who welcomes the chance to thrive in a high-tech environment and an opportunity to lead a technical team. Ideal candidates will be top performers and enjoy being part of a top notch, talented team. In addition to offering an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, this role also offers flexibility and autonomy.
Lead teams from design inception through integration and test and customer buy-off for cutting edge high assurance security systems. Candidates must understand requirements and be able to translate requirements into software architecture, produce top down design using structured development processes, and integrate with custom designed hardware. The resulting design must be fully functional, meet performance targets, be testable, and maintainable. Also responsible for requirements analysis, design documents, interfacing with the customer during reviews, and leading the team during all the phases to lock down the requirements and reach successful completion of design and documentation. Responsible for SW release management.
* 5+ years of experience with software and product development.
* Must be able to prioritize and lead a team through all phases. Prior release management, product design, implementation, and testing experience.
* Proficient in mobile framework (SDK) technologies.
* Proficient in data pipelining and structures, with the ability to query (i.e. MySQL)
* Successful candidate will be personable, able to lead and work in teams within the Viasat Culture, which includes a high tolerance for ambiguity.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Physics.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
Viasat is a company that offers communications products and services.