Software Engineer Language Tools - Engineering Effectiveness
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
Part of Twitter's Engineering Effectiveness organization , the LANG team is making sure our developers have the tools necessary to produce healthy code. Whether that's improving our code review tools, identifying flaky tests, enabling language upgrades, or building a new generation of semantic tooling the LANG team is the next step in developer efficiency at Twitter.
What You'll Do
* Contribute to a wide array of developer tooling such as compilers, build systems, static and dynamic code analysis systems, code review systems, and code search systems.
* Integrate the IDE experience with the latest technologies such as the Language Server Protocol (LSP) and Build Server Protocol (BSP).
* Improve the daily workflow of engineers.
* Tackle critical large scale software engineering problems presented by working on a mono repo codebase.
* Optimize compile times.
* Enable and perform language and library upgrades.
* Collaborate with multiple teams in a joint effort to tackle customer problems.
Who You Are
* Willing to embrace and enrich Twitter's culture of empathy, teamwork and passion. #GrowTogether
* Have a strong desire for learning and growth.
* Passionate about improving developer productivity
* Strive for speed and quality
* Desire to automate
* Enjoy interacting with and helping customers
* Model of software engineering best practices, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting.
* Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background
* Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.