McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer - Java/Python/AWS
Are you a high-performing software engineer passionate about building production-quality applications,
working closely with domain experts and other engineers? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer
breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. At Capital One's
Card Machine Learning team, you'll be part of an elite team setting the example for by
building enterprise-class applications that solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
As a Software Engineer, you will build, deploy and manage software solutions as part of a team that
solves complex problems in the financial services industry. Capital One leverages full stack technology solutions including streaming big data, state of the
art machine learning, micro-service architecture, distributed computation engines, and intuitive
visualizations in the cloud. We work with several cutting-edge technologies and actively develop and
contribute to the open source community. You will work alongside highly technical peers with deep
domain expertise, from fraud detection to sophisticated NLP.
Who you are:
* You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
* You have built full stack systems (preferably architected for speed and distributed computing), with demonstrated experience in software engineering.
* You embrace DevOps principles, including continuous delivery and ongoing support of production applications
* You love to learn new technologies, keep abreast of the latest technologies within cloud architecture, and drive your organization to adapt to emerging best practices
* It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and/or open source contributions you are proud to share
* Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
* At least 2 years of experience delivering applications from architectural design to production implementation
* At least 2 years of experience with one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, Scala
* At least 2 years of experience building server-side applications
* Past experience in deploying scalable, distributed systems or multi-node database paradigms.
* Past experience building and support batch or real-time data processes
* Past experience with cloud software design, microservices & distributed caching
* Past experience building or managing continuous delivery pipelines
* Past experience working with Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Artificial Intelligence
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this