Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer | Java | Python | AWS
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web apps and backend services to mobile applications using cutting-edge tools and frameworks. Join Capital One in an engineering role and shape the next phase of innovation for fintech.
Are you a hands-on problem solver who seeks to understand a domain and solve its complex engineering or data challenges? Do you want to be empowered to influence the technology choices to get the job done? Are you the disruptor that pushes the envelope through innovation and new ideas, questioning the why and considering the what if?
We want to speak with you. Check out the roles, responsibilities and apply today!
* Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
* Collaborate in an Agile scrum team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities.
* Provide active mentorship/guidance to fellow members of the agile tech team and participate in internal and external technology conference & communities.
What you would expect to work on here: Object Oriented Languages (Java, C# and Go), Cloud Based Technologies (AWS, DevOps and Serverless), Front End Frameworks (Angular, React, Node.js), Cutting Edge Data Tools (Python, Spark, Machine Learning) and Next Generation technologies (AI, Blockchain).
* Bachelor's degree or Military experience
* At least 2 years of experience in software development
* Expertise in Java
* 2+ years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring
* Experience in CI/CD/CT technologies like GitHub, Chef, Artifactory, Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins, Atlas, Cucumber
* 2+ years of experience in one of the following: SQL, My SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Dynamo DB
* 2+ years of experience with CI/CD and DevOps
* 2+ years of cloud experience, AWS preferred
* Knowledge of micros-service architecture
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.