Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Software Engineer - JAVA / J2EE
Req #: 190002409
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Currencies Technology supports the business goals of the Global FX business for all technology delivery, having direct application development responsibility for key business systems and an overall end-to-end remit for systems implementation across the Currencies business. The team consists of people based in London, Bournemouth, Houston, New York, Mumbai, Bangalore, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney.
You will be joining an inspiring and inquisitive team of technologists focused and dedicated to enhancing capabilities within the firm. Our team is centred on researching and implementing creative ways that improve the design, analytics, development, coding, testing, and application programming methodologies.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Self-starter prepared to work in a fast paced business facing environment.
* Design, develop, test and support mission critical enterprise applications using sound object oriented analysis and design principles.
* Participate in Agile project management scrum meetings for planning, designing, developing and testing low latency systems for processing high volume transactions data.
* Ability to work in a variety of functional areas with unprecedented career growth potential for the right candidate
* Proactively seek technical improvements and take the initiatives to communicate/implement quality solutions
* Keep abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise
* Participate and represent area in cross-functional groups
* Effective Team Player.
The required depth of technical experience includes:
* 7+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing mission critical applications using JAVA/J2EE.
* 7+ years of hands-on experience working on messaging technologies like JMS, MQ, TIBCO, AMPS etc.
* 7+ years of hands-on experience working on JAVA Frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate etc.
* 7+ years of hands-on experience working on database technologies like Oracle, Sybase etc.
* 7+ years of hands-on experience working on XML related technologies like XSD, DTD, XSLT, XPATH etc.
* Strong knowledge of design patterns and their application in problem solving.
* Prior Experience with industry standard tools like Eclipse, Jenkins, JUnit, Maven, SVN, GitHub etc.
* Prior experience working on caching technologies is a plus.
* Prior experience working on Rules based technologies is a plus.
* Detailed understanding of system development lifecycle, infrastructure best practices and risk management concepts knowledge of business system interactions, infrastructure dependencies etc.
* Experience building and enhancing testing frameworks.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong ability to learn and apply new/emerging technologies.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Proactive approach to problem solving.
* Experience in financial services industry is preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.