Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our dynamic team of Agile Scrum developers based out of Irving. Our goal is to build the Underwriting Products that supports the Risk Management Strategy for Allstate Insurance Product. This team will engineer software all day, every day, on a full-stack cloud platform. Driving quality leveraging test-driven development with continuous integration & continuous delivery is key to our engineering approach. This is a tremendous opportunity to deliver the next-generation Underwriting product for our end users. This team will be working at our innovation hub in Irving, TX which will provide the latest in modern equipment, healthy work spaces, and engineering tools to accomplish our goals.
* Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team's backlog
* Leads & Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
* Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
* Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
* Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
* Practices daily collaborative programming and test driven development in writing software and building products
* Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
* Provides support for software products in user environments
* Participates in knowledge sharing and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the Software Engineer community.
* A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
* 5+ years of developing and implementing systems.
* Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object-oriented programming.
* Basic understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, security, and analytics
* Knowledge of developing REST APIs including service discovery/registration, testing and management; experience using API gateways a plus
* Experience in backend database development (relational/NoSQL) and optimization.
* Knowledge of modern Database software's like SQL, Redis, Mongo DB, etc is a plus.
* Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge in atleast one of testing frameworks like JUnit, mockito, Jest, jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies is a plus
* Able to learn new technologies.
* Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
Allstate Insurance Company provides insurance services.