Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant's mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people's financial lives. Thanks to the help of our engineering team, a bank partner can onboard and start lending to their customers in as little as days.
Do you want to hear your software talk like a pirate? We are seeking a Software Engineer to work alongside our Lending as a Platform team to build interactive voice response phone systems that provide audio-based presentation technologies to user experiences.
What you do at Avant
* Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production. We deploy multiple times a day.
* Code mostly in Ruby
* Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
* Contribute to tooling as well as our technology architecture and direction
* We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences
* Contribute to open-source initiatives
What you might own at Avant
* Onboard bank partners onto our white label interactive voice response system
* Create workflows and the backend that powers phone-based self-service customer experiences
* Translate phone system processes into Ruby
* Improve automation tools that interface with phone system components
Why you are a fit for Avant
* You're a pragmatic generalist programmer who will not only help execute, but also will provide a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Avant
* You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
* You're entrepreneurial, self-driven, and takes pride in improving our customers' experiences
* You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
* You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
* You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders needs
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an online platform and a provider of credit alternatives to middle income consumers.