AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the team and role:
As part of the UI engineering team (and as part of the greater eXperience Org), our mission statement is to flawlessly execute on business priorities and deliver outstanding customer value, bringing AppDynamics' products to life. We stay close to our user and leverage analytics to make business decisions to balance out short term priorities with long term investments. We support and empower our teammates whose judgment we trust for our future success.
We are looking for a talented front-end engineer to join our UI engineering team in building web applications. We are responsible for designing, building, and maintaining internal and customer facing services to run the most critical elements of our business including licensing, downloads, account management, reporting, and integration with external products. You will be empowered and challenged to own development, deployment, and optimization of a one or more critical web services. We are a highly collaborative, cross-functioning team that includes designers, product managers, and engineers.
At AppDynamics, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a "culture add" to AppDynamics and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
Our new Senior Software Engineer will:
* Design and develop the next generation of B2B and B2C services to enable new ways of selling to and communicating with our customers.
* Work closely and communicate effectively with product managers, designers, and other engineers, to deploy premier customer facing web services.
* Design and building a flexible REST API platform.
* Integrate with multiple SaaS services to extend the AppDynamics website and customer experience.
* Expand and scale existing applications using cloud infrastructure.
Our ideal Senior Software Engineer:
* Passionate about delivering value to the customer and connecting with them through our web interfaces
* It bugs you when something is broken for our customers and you take action to fix it, even if it's not in your domain
* 5+ years of experience working with web application development using Node.js, preferably with Angular or React. Ideal if comfortable with both.
* Experience designing and delivering secure and flexible web services.
* Experience integrating with external SaaS services.
* Experience deploying with Amazon Web Service (AWS) Elastic Beanstalk is ideal.
* Strong experience with SQL server or similar databases like Elasticsearch.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or Master's preferred.
About our tech stack:
* Public Cloud: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Services: EC2, RDS, Cloudfront, Elasticache, Lambda, API Gateway
* Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Github
* Languages/Frameworks: React.js/Next.js, Java, Python
BenefitsWe know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Year's.
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages.
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics develops application performance management solutions that deliver problem resolution for highly distributed applications.