AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
You are the kind of engineer that likes developing distributed platforms and services that scale to handle billions of requests. You have a passion for building platform as services, microservices/docker, automation in dev/build/release and service monitoring. As an ideal candidate you have experience working in a rapidly changing environment and pride yourself on being an energetic self-starter with an intrinsic motivation to make a positive impact on the team and the product. You also have,
* Experience with virtualization and orchestration platforms (eg. OpenStack, Docker) and orchestration tools (eg. Nomad, Consul)
* Experience shipping multi-tenant platforms for both SaaS and on-premise deployments
* Experience with storage optimizations and management
* Experience developing highly scalable distributed platforms and services
* Proficiency in a programming language such as Java, Scala, C++, a strong foundation in data structures and algorithms, and a strong understanding of threads, synchronization, concurrent programming
About the Role and What You'll Learn
Platform engineering powers AppDynamics' Application Intelligence solutions. You will have the opportunity to define and build services from scratch by using the proper frameworks and picking the right tools. You will have the chance to breaking monolithic backend into highly available, scalable and well monitored microservices. You will learn how to achieve all of those while serving billions of requests at the meanwhile.
Come join the Platform team and build the world's next great Application Intelligence Platform. The engineers in this team have a passion for solving complex problems, designing object data models to represent complex application data, and building infinitely scalable and highly available platforms. They understand the importance of data collected from every application and component in a software defined business environment - web, mobile, server, infrastructure, hardware, in enabling the most advanced and effective business and IT decision making.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics is a company that develops application performance management solutions.