Minimum Clearance RequiredUS Citizen Responsibilities
ISYS Technologies delivers emerging technology solutions through our diverse and talented employees who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our country and operate responsibly. We are a reputable award-winning WOSB providing Engineering and Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) services to the Federal government. Headquartered in Colorado, ISYS serves key national customers throughout the United States with a presence in more than 16 states.
ISYS Technologies is seeking a Software Engineer IV
* US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust and pass a NAC
* Participate in the full development life cycle for software development programs including design of software components, developing code, updating technical documents, generating test plans, ensuring code meets requirements through unit testing, and resolving discrepancy reports.
* Develop technical designs and specifications for software products.
* Research and integrate design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
* Use software development technologies and tools to build, test, and maintain product modules, components, and subsystems.
* Provide technical leadership to lower-level developers.
* Provide product demonstrations and participate in trade shows and seminars.
* Interact with customers, vendors and external development partners.
* Understand a variety of the field concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Perform a variety of complicated tasks and use a wide degree of creativity and latitude to accomplish work.
* Work with the technical lead, other developers, System Engineering and Test Engineering to participate in peer reviews and to ensure successful integration with other software components. Work with minimal supervision/guidance.
* Provide tradeoffs between reuse options, Operations & Management (O&M) implications, and cost/schedule/performance issues. Support subsystem risk/opportunity identification. Provide weekly status (technical and schedule) for tasks.
* BS or BA in a STEM related Field with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Six or more years directly related to software development engineering in Java. A thorough understanding of Java gained through formal training can substitute for this experience
* Six or more years of experience in software development using Object Oriented Methodologies.
* Six or more years of experience using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and/or Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) web services architecture. A thorough understanding of ESB or J2EE gained through formal training can substitute for this experience.
* Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable tools
* Experience with scripting is a plus (Perl & Python as well as others)
* Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and development
* Experience and/or knowledge with Service Oriented Architecture
* Experience developing and/or supporting solutions for weather and meteorological science.
* One or more years of experience in a supervisor role. Experience as a mentor. Experience as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead.
* Experience in Extensible Markup Language (XML), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Eclipse IDE, database, and/or Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) a plus.
* Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or OpenGL technologies a plus.
US Citizenship is required.
ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected Veteran status, or disability status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees.
About ISYS Technologies
ISYS Technologies is a company providing information technology and engineering services to federal, state, and local governments.