We are North America's leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! We have great part-time and full-time positions available! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to provide new programs, program changes, and problem resolution for IT-related systems critical to core organizational functions. The individual will develop and support business applications supporting Allied Universal and will help define and analyze business requirements for applications. With limited supervision, analyzes and evaluates Allied Universal business problems and devises computer programs and related procedures to process data and resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead product design, systems analysis, and programming activities including:Design, implement, test, and integrate code modules based on software requirements specifications using the .NET framework and Microsoft SQL ServerPrepare technical design specifications of product sub-systems based on functional requirementsCreate and maintain documentation for design and use of all solutions Perform advanced bug verification, testing, and second level support for assigned products. Work with business analyst team and/or directly with end users to develop and refine functional requirements for new and existing systems Provide maintenance associated with various Allied Universal and third party solutions Design, extend, and maintain relational databases according to established standards and procedures Prepare feasibility and alternatives analyses, as well as implementation plans Mentor junior team members and provide technical guidance as required to efficiently complete assigned tasks Coordinate and perform in-depth tests including end-user reviews Occasional travel and overtime to meet project deadlines Participate and contribute as a positive role model to Allied Universal's IT Department and to the organization as a whole
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical relevant field is required.
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in software development is required.
* Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming practices, such as design patterns, UML, and systems architecture.
* Experience using .NET framework with heavy concentration in C#.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server platform, including T-SQL, DDL, and DML with functional knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services.
* Experience with web development using ASP.NET.
* Experience with system administration and development operations is a plus.
* Ability to make decisions and work independently.
* Demonstrate ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines.
* Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
* Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
* The job is generally performed in an office setting utilizing computers.
* The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
* Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
* Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.
About Allied Universal
Allied Universal is a facility services company and a security services provider.