Since our founding in 2009, we've relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world's most discerning audiences. For almost a decade, we've helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step. Today, we take that even further with a self-serve media network to grow, retain and monetize audiences and PhunCoin, a new cryptocurrency token designed to change the way you're compensated for the data you share. By bringing power back to the end user, we ensure that the Phunware ecosystem remains future-proofed, constantly self-enriching and - above all - a new kind of tech giant built by people, for people.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today-our Phamily always has room for one more!
Phunware is seeking a Software Engineer - iOS with experience developing mobile software technology and solutions. The Software Engineer - iOS's primary responsibility is to design and implement SDKs (libraries, samples, documentation) and proof of concept solutions.
The ideal candidate is proactive, responsive, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, experienced with iOS development and has a strong track record of having deployed production code.
What You'll Do:
* Design and implement iOS SDKs (libraries, samples, documentation) that interface with our Multiscreen as a Service Platform
* Create prototypes that demonstrate value and functionality of emerging technologies
* Create frameworks that can be used to rapidly build customer applications
* Implement detail story driven requirements using Agile Test Driven techniques
* Work in an organized team-oriented environment with shared responsibilities
What You'll Bring:
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of professional software development
* 2+ years professional iOS development experience using Objective-C, Swift, Apple's SDKs and frameworks
* Outstanding skills at interacting with people, both within the organization (from developers to senior management) and with customers/partners
* Understanding of concurrency issues, threads, and familiarity with JSON and interacting with RESTful services
* Working knowledge of the iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
* Experience doing Agile-based Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation
* SQLite Experience, working with databases locally, Core Data is a plus
* One or two feature-rich iOS apps completed (code or visual samples of work preferred), or at least one app available in the App Store
* Open source software contributions
* Track record of success in a start-up or high-growth environment
Compensation and Benefits:
* Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
* Competitive salary
* Flexible paid time off
* Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental and vision coverage
Phunware: Everything You Need to Succeed on Mobile
Phunware Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is the pioneer of Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS), a fully integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides companies the products, solutions, data and services necessary to engage, manage, and monetize their mobile application portfolios and audiences globally at scale. The company offers cloud-based mobile Software Development Kits (SDKs), which include location-based services, mobile engagement, content management, messaging, advertising, loyalty andrewards (PhunCoin) and analytics, and a mobile application framework of pre-integrated iOS and Android software modules for building in-house or channel-based mobile application solutions. It also provides cloud-based vertical solutions of pre-integrated iOS and Android mobile application portfolios for healthcare, retail, media, real estate, hospitality, sports, aviation and other sectors, and knowledge graph and data solutions that allow real-time mobile audience targeting, reach, engagement and monetization for 1:1 insights and interactions. Phunware helps the world's most respected brands create category-defining mobile experiences, with more than one billion active devices touching its platform each month. The company was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. For more information about how Phunware is transforming the way consumers and brands interact with mobile in the virtual and physical worlds, visit https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.phunware.com/&source=gmail&ust=1547941246816000&usg=AFQjCNHMFthuCFH2qu-vAMGpbB6toupq4Q" rel="noopener">www.phunware.com, https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.phuncoin.com/&source=gmail&ust=1547941246816000&usg=AFQjCNGSdMsu5-jVcYCZfuaOsA0BREPgrQ" rel="noopener">www.phuncoin.com and follow @phunware on all social media platforms.