At Lyft, community is what we are and it's what we do. It's what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
To fulfill Lyft's mission of creating the real-time transportation network of the future, Lyft needs engineers from a breadth of disciplines. We need engineers to help us intelligently scale our backend infrastructure, to optimize pricing in realtime given localized supply and demand data, to accurately predict future localized demand, to create delightful and intuitive UX flows for passengers and drivers, to improve our cloud infrastructure orchestration and monitoring, to optimize dispatched driver-passenger pairings based on real-time data and real-world edge cases, to build tools to increase the efficiency of our customer service team, and more.
* You're an enthusiastic and experienced app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our awesome iOS team.
* Our app is used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases.
* Our codebase is written entirely in Swift with modern design patterns and coding standards. We rely on 3rd party libraries and contribute back to the community (including the Swift language itself). UX is designed and tweaked to perfection utilizing Interface Builder and Auto Layout. We take pride in our work and it shows.
Watch some of our presentations:
Open source contributions:
* Work within our product teams to build new exciting features
* Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
* Improve our code base through continuous refactoring
* Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
* Extend and implement our APIs
* Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art of iOS development
Experience & Skills:
* Demonstrated skills in delivering high quality code
* Experience working with designers and product managers
* Experience working with Swift
* Bonus Points: experience with Interface Builder and Auto Layout, and contributions to open source projects
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.