Locations: Cambridge, San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, and U.S. Remote work is available
Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We're constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to improve the lives of millions of people join our team.
About our team:
Invitae is hiring Senior to Architect Level Engineers with diverse backgrounds to help us achieve our mission - provide genetic information to billions of people. We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world's scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It's a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That's where you come in.
What you will do:
* Help define and build new features or applications based on technology and business needs
* Write structured, tested, readable and maintainable code
* Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
* Lead technical efforts for internal or external customer needs
* Mentor and Coach Jr. Engineers
What you bring:
* Industry experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems.
* Bachelor degree in computer science or related field
* Experience in at least two of the following Python, Django, Kafka or Kubernetes
* Solid understanding of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.)
* Top-notch communication skills. Experience with distributed teams is a plus
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants
Invitae is a company engaged in medical genetic testing.