Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few.
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
Granite has a need for a Software Engineer Intern to work on development projects for our fast growing organization. We are looking for candidates familiar object-oriented software design, delivery and support for web-based applications and services. This individual will be responsible for contributing to the design and coding of business solutions for order management, account management, workflow and many other business functions. This position offers a talented developer a chance to work with the latest development tools and have a major impact on the fastest growing company in the telecommunications industry!
The right candidate will be a self starter, able to work independently or as a team member. Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and learn new technologies quickly. This is a growing company where you will be able to have a significant impact on our internal processes and get a chance to add directly to the goals of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Contribute to the architecture, design and coding of our next generation web based Enterprise Solution. Our internal applications are used by our 1700+ employees to manage our business and drive our success. The platform for this new initiative is ASP.NET (4.0) backed by the power of C# and Microsoft SQL Server.
* Work with our Development Team and Business Analysts as we implement Microsoft Team Foundation Server and develop a full SDLC framework.
* Assist in the maintenance of our existing applications. This work will diminish as we develop and implement our next generation code.
* Contribute to the maintenance and enhancements of our back end processing which is written in VB.NET and C#. These applications run on our servers and provide the backbone for our systems.
* Participate and contribute to ad-hoc development projects as they arise
* Knowledge of OOP Concepts and Component Design
* Excellent organizational, problem solving, coding, unit testing and debugging skills
* Knowledge in .NET Technologies (ASP.NET, MVC, VB.NET, C#, WCF)
* Solid verbal and written communication skills
* Familiar with AngularJS, Bootstrap, php
* Familiar with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
* Familiar with telecommunications/telephone business and/or order management applications
About Granite Telecommunications
Granite Telecommunications is a communications services provider for businesses with multiple locations.