We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Square is currently available in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK, and Japan. Square offices are located in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, St. Louis, Kitchener-Waterloo, Dublin, London, Toronto, Melbourne, and Tokyo.
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
Caviar's mission is to deliver a delightful experience for couriers, restaurants and diners. To do this, we are building a reliable and scalable on-demand logistics platform powered by machine learning. The logistics platform is responsible for actually moving food from the restaurant to the diner while ensuring a smooth delivery and a delightful experience. This is a challenging problem that requires not only deep technical expertise but cross-team collaboration across multiple functions and a desire to make a real-world business impact
This job is for our San Francisco office only.
You will work on Square's Caviar team and:
* Work closely with product management, design, and internal teams to understand customer needs.
* Write concise code and sensible tests.
* Own and develop new features that directly impact our merchants and all Caviar customers.
* Have the opportunity to explore and build features across the entire technical stack, from the database all the way to the clients.
* Design large-scale systems that keep things running smoothly.
* Get a balanced, supportive, fun working environment, and career path.
* Make hungry people happy.
* Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or a related technical field.
* Programming experience in one or more object-oriented languages, including Ruby, Go or Java.
* Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization.
* Experience in at least one object-oriented language, and associated web framework. Don't worry about which one? We'll train you in Ruby (and Rails).
Must be available for a Fall 2019 Internship.
At Square, we value diversity and always employ, retain, promote, and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We want to ensure that our application and interview process is accessible to individuals with disabilities.
Square is a financial services, merchant services aggregator and mobile payment company.