This is a great opportunity to join an Engineering team that's engaged in solving interesting technical and business problems using a number of contemporary technologies with a team of world-class software engineers, and to join a growing business that is fulfilling a very important mission! As a software engineer, you'll be a member of a small, tight-knit team that delivers incremental value to Gaia's members.
* Design, develop, test, deploy, and support production quality code.
* Plan, track, and report on work progress.
* Accurately estimate stories and tasks considering their level-of-effort, complexity, and uncertainty.
* Debrief on team performance and make incremental, small changes to support improvements.
* Celebrate successes with your team and the company!
* At least 2 years as a professional application software developer, preferably in a growth company.
* Proven ability to collaboratively and maturely work on a team.
* Curious with an aptitude to quickly learn.
* Familiarity with, and affinity for our content is a prerequisite to applying
* Membership in Gaia is strongly preferred
* Must be able to work in our office in Louisville, Colorado
* US citizenship or an existing work visa is required
Gaia exists as a transformational network to support a conscious global community. If we can connect our members to stories, people, and ideas that educate, inspire, and empower them to live mindfully, we believe collective consciousness will evolve.
Gaia (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a publicly traded company in Louisville, Colorado. We offer global video streaming of over 8,000 original shows, films, documentaries, and practices for conscious living. Our vast video library serves as a vessel for the community we seek to empower. We are not a subscription service that streams whatever pays our bills. Our content goes deep into select niches of Transformation, Seeking Truth, Alternative Health and Yoga channels you see on Gaia.com. We love to embrace and fearlessly cover subjects that other media companies won't touch.
Before you apply, we encourage you to sign up and explore conscious living with Gaia's library of original shows, documentaries, and films. Feed your curiosity with ancient wisdom, coverups, and the paranormal, or discover new alternative health, yoga, and meditation practices. If our work resonates, you might just be a good fit for Gaia.
We seek to hire and inspire employees who embrace our mission for a global conscious community, who hope their work empowers our community of inspired members to be catalysts of transformation. The best work we do every day is to remember our vision is "to empower the evolution of consciousness."
The perks of working collaboratively with a team dedicated to sharing this mission include an on-site gym and complimentary yoga and fitness classes; a beautiful solar-powered campus, complete with hiking and running trails, community garden, and a labyrinth; and an on-site, mostly organic café that serves breakfast and lunch daily including a full-service espresso bar featuring locally roasted coffee.
Full-time employees are offered alternative and traditional medical benefits including preventative coverage; as well as dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance.