SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST (TOP SECRET CLEARED)
Join the team that writes code to ensure correctness and performance of the flight software systems that control our launch vehicles and spacecraft. You will own all aspects of software testing, from experimental and development systems through final verification and certification of software for launch. The unforgiving environments of launch and space travel require flawless execution of the vehicle software. Your creativity and relentless commitment to quality will be a key component to building the safest and most reliable space vehicles.
* Test code for the software systems that fly our rockets and spacecraft * Invent new tools that enable more frequent and reliable software deployment, test execution, and data analysis as part of a continuous integration and release system * Analyze test results and bugs that require in-depth investigations * Develop tools that allow for test execution across multiple environments: virtualized hardware, real hardware-in-the-loop, and even vehicle-in-the-loop testing * Hands-on integration and troubleshooting of flight hardware/software systems * Occasional travel to launch sites and customer sites for testing and/or operations * Connect our simulator to the Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft, and execute final mission test prior to launch * Joint testing at NASA's high-fidelity International Space Station software and avionics test facility
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline, OR 2+ years in software engineering without a degree * 2+ years with a scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby) * Experience in software test engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Fluency in Linux, including: * Bash shell scripting * Network troubleshooting * Performance analysis and debugging (strace, ftrace, etc.)
* Experience building or working with real-time embedded systems * Creative approach to problem solving * Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements * Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
* Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000
SpaceX (also known as Space Exploration Technologies) is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.