Zendesk is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer in Test to join the Support product team. You will be responsible for driving the product quality by facilitating testing best practices in our Agile team, and using state of the art software to improve our automation.
What you get to do every day:
* Work with Product Managers and Developers to deliver the overall growth strategy of the Zendesk Support product
* Perform creative exploratory testing of new features and products
* Expand our automated test suites and testing frameworks
* Incorporate automated tests into our continuous delivery pipeline
* Highlight and detail any risks and assumptions identified to the team
* Actively engage in the continuous improvement of testing practice with a focus on speed, quality and innovation
* Keep track and adapt to rapidly changing requirements in a fast-paced team
What you bring to the role:
* Minimum of 2 years experience as a Software Engineer or Software Engineer in Test
* Experience programming in OOP languages and in scripting languages (preferably Ruby)
* Experience developing test frameworks with open-source automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, RSPEC, Capybara, or Cucumber
* Experience with automated testing of large, scalable Web applications, using modern Web application frameworks and methodologies
* Experience working in an agile development environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* A dedication to continual self-development
Nice to have:
* Experience with Ruby on Rails and Sauce Labs
* Experience with Continuous Integration systems or Continuous Deployment / Delivery
* Experience working on open source projects with an active GitHub repository
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.
Zendesk is a software development company, providing software-as-a-service products for organizations.