Search for more jobs
Software Engineer in Test - Optimization & Mapping Team
* Job: 19862-BHIL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Quality Engineering
Are you excited about geospatial computing and/or numerical optimization? Do you love writing code in MATLAB? Do you have a knack for finding software bugs? If so, this could be the job for you.
We are looking to add another member the Optimization, Mapping, and Symbolic Quality Engineering Team with expertise in either geospatial computing or numerical optimization and a drive to continue learning.
You will conduct hands-on testing of the Optimization, Global Optimization, and Mapping Toolboxes.
* The Optimization and Global Optimization Toolboxes provide algorithms and a graphical user interface for linear, nonlinear, multiobjective, and global optimization.
* The Mapping Toolbox provides geospatial algorithms, functions, and graphical interfaces for analyzing geographic data and creating map displays in MATLAB®.
In addition, you will be an advocate for software quality and will assist in the development of testing strategies for features. As a member of the Optimization and Mapping development teams, you will participate in projects from their early design stages and play a critical role in driving them to final product release.
Here are links to our products:
Optimization Toolbox - http://www.mathworks.com/products/optimization/
Global Optimization Toolbox - http://www.mathworks.com/products/global-optimization/index.html
Mapping Toolbox - https://www.mathworks.com/products/mapping/
* Providing technical and testing-related feedback about plans for product and tool development
* Developing test strategies for new optimization and geospatial functions, classes, graphical interfaces
* Writing test suites for new features using MATLAB
* Interactively trying out new features early in development to find bugs across multiple platforms (UNIX/MAC/PC, MATLAB Online, MATLAB Mobile, etc.)
* Detecting, reporting, investigating, triaging, and tracking detected bugs using our bug tracking system
* Working closely with our cross-functional engineering teams
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* BS in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience or MS and equivalent experience
* Programming experience in MATLAB is required
Nice to Have:
* Advanced coursework or experience in mathematical optimization, geospatial computing, computer graphics, or image processing
* 1-2 years' experience with quality engineering and the software development lifecycle
* Experience with MATLAB Graphics and/or App Designer
* Object-oriented programming experience
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.