Software Engineer in Mobile Test
Position: Full time
Location: Carlsbad office
NTENT provides a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), allowing industry partners to customize, localize and integrate Voice Assistant and Search technologies directly into their business-to-consumer offerings. NTENT utilizes a machine learning algorithmic approach to comprehend massive amounts of information across the web. Through the company's proprietary search engine, ontology and knowledge graph, NTENT makes it easier to decipher meaning, surfacing the most relevant answers, results, content and ads, via conversational interfaces or text.
We are a unique group of brilliant minds intent on discovering, learning and building. We work in a vibrant atmosphere, with an emphasis on personal and professional development. This is an opportunity to tackle complex problems usually reserved for a handful of large companies in the search industry.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer in Mobile Test to join our Mobile team to deliver world class embedded frameworks, libraries, and technologies to our mobile search platform. The right candidate will work closely within agile mobile development teams to create automated testing suites across NTENT's software solutions. They will be involved right at the inception and design stage to final delivery into production. The right candidate will be comfortable with programming techniques to create repeatable, reliable and consistent automated testing solutions.
Automated testing, integration testing, agile development, programming, quality assurance, test planning, time estimation, developer collaboration, Android, iOS
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work closely with mobile team and product management to understand requirements, design, implement and estimate new features and software changes.
* Design, create, implement and maintain test plans, test cases and relevant reporting for all facets of testing including unit, integration, stress/load and scalability. This covers native mobile applications, web applications and back end.
* Work closely with infrastructure and DevOps to integrate testing into CI/CD.
* Effectively communicate with peers and seniors on overall quality, risk and the readiness to release new features/enhancements.
* Identify areas of process improvement in mobile development, product management and project planning to ensure high quality outcomes.
* Responsible for exploratory testing to find defects and increase automated testing coverage in these areas.
* Create and execute test plans around localization and internationalization testing
Qualifications and Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience in the industry.
* Familiarity with iOS and Android development.
* Professional experience as a Software Test Engineer in Mobile or similar role highly focused on automated testing for mobile.
* Proven hands on experience managing automated test frameworks and strategies.
* Proficiency in Java and Swift. Ideally, both.
* Strong knowledge of industry tools and frameworks to facilitate test creation and execution.
* Experience with agile software engineering practices such as Scrum and Kanban
* Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming preferred
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and be able to work independently. A keen interest in various aspects of language processing is essential in our multi-disciplinary team.
We offer a full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Employees receive a generous time off (PTO) plan and 13 holidays per year. We also offer 401(k) benefits, long term disability benefits and life insurance.