As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will design and build software that launches rockets! Design systems that track millions of physical parts and complex manufacturing activities in remote locations and build systems that process massive amounts of data and engineering tools that enable rapid design and iteration. We are seeking an experienced software engineer with expertise in one or more of these areas:
* Experience with complex configuration management systems involving design and implementation of package management systems, versioning and change history for complex software systems. Ideal experience will include design of configuration management and versioning of hardware engineering and bill of materials (BOM).
* Experience designing and implementing build and deployment systems for complex distributed systems software.
* Experience designing data stores that manage mission-critical or life-critical data.
* Experience applying control theory and queue theory to software that load balances work. This may include distributed systems request routing and queuing. Ideal experience includes design of software systems that manage and load balance real-world work for inventory movement logistics, job dispatching to factory machines or managing the work of people.
* Experience designing and implementing software systems that rely on analysis of complex graph data structures. Experience designing for high-transaction rates against complex graph data structures.
As a software engineer, you can expect to build software in the following areas:
* Complex databases utilizing MySQL, MongoDB and Neo4J
* Distributed systems including microservice APIs, distributed-system transactions, workflows, and asynchronous messaging systems.
We seek team members of all backgrounds who are passionate about space and who have a strong desire to serve on a team that is the backbone of the company. We value people who are passionate about learning new things. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Design, code, test and deploy new features and systems
* Design scalable and reliable distributed systems and iterate based on operational metrics
* Develop in an agile team including building consensus on designs and participating in code reviews
* Integrate custom software with off-the-shelf systems using REST APIs, queues, and monitoring
* Think outside the box. Challenge why things are done a certain way and figure out ways to things better.
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, physics, or other major requiring engineering core courses
* Minimum of 5 years of experience developing distributed systems
* Strong experience in Java and the surrounding ecosystem
* Experience with modern full-stack web development, from back-end to front-end
* Experience designing both relational and non-relational databases
* A demonstrated ability to develop complex end-to-end software
* The ability to quickly absorb information in an unfamiliar domain and translate it into software
* A self-driven nature with the ability to seek out requirements and propose solutions with minimal direction
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.