L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Software Engineer III Software Engineer III
Our world-class expertise in connecting space, airborne, ground and sea-based platforms with secure, real-time data drives our communications business in addressing the heightened global demand for advanced solutions. As a prime contractor, we are a key integrator in state-of-the-art maritime platforms. Our power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for our customers across the globe.
We are searching for a Software Engineer III at our Power Management - Leesburg, VA location.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Participating in engineering control system development tasks including preliminary design, design, integration and formal testing.
* Full software lifecycle application development, use of waterfall, spiral or agile methods.
* Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
* Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis.
* Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD).
* Software modeling and simulation.
* Front end graphical user interface design.
* Software testing and quality assurance.
* Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability & automation.
* Supporting, maintaining and documenting software functionality.
* Integrating software with new and existing systems.
* Evaluating and identifying new technologies for implementation.
* Maintaining standards compliance.
Specific skills for this Software Engineer Position:
* C and/or Java programming languages
* Windows and/or Linux operating systems
* Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
* MATLAB Simulink, LabVIEW, Rational (Rose, Rhapsody, Software Architect), or other graphical software code generation applications
* Maritime control and automation application software
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must have Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Two to four years of prior software development with preferred experience with knowledge of defense companies, and ship system designs and operations.
* Field experience with ship commissioning.
* Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
* Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
* Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
* Possess a positive attitude with ability to "think outside the box".
* Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.
* Expected to learn new technologies very quickly as they emerge and resolve problems.
* Good knowledge of security and encryption.
* Excellent writing skills.
* Familiarity with the following: C, C , Java, SQL, Linux, Windows, DOS, ClearCase, ClearQuest, SVN, MATLAB Simulink, LabVIEW, Rational Rose, Rational Rhapsody, Rational Software Architect.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.