CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Software Engineer III engineer builds secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
* Demonstrates intermediate skill in language proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
* Applies knowledge of C# language, front end technologies, DBMS and middle-ware technologies in helping develop key services.
* Optimizes code for key performance metrics. Offers complex insights during code reviews and helps with environmental build deployments, release notes and build notices; Identifies source of defects and issues. Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects. Troubleshoots own code and helps others find bugs in own code.
* Conducts system-wide testing and some integration testing.
* Supports application deployments and checkouts.
* Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent/better
* A good background in math and computer science, a knowledge of basic data-structures, algorithms and algorithmic complexity.
* Excellent problem solving skills with at least 6+ years of experience of development in .NET/C# or similar object oriented language and .NET Core.
* Experience working with databases.
* Working in an Agile development team.
* Experience in modern web-technologies (Angular, React, Web Components)
* Be interested and enthusiastic about technology and finance, have the desire to learn
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of multi-threading and parallel programming in general
* Prior experience with DevOps efforts.
* Prior experience developing microservices.
* An understanding of distributed systems and web services technology. Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models. Publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies
* Experience working with FIX protocol.
About CME Group
CME Group Inc. (Chicago Mercantile Exchange & Chicago Board of Trade) is an American financial market company operating options and futures exchange.