BlackLocus is an innovation lab operating within The Home Depot, the top home improvement retailer in the world. To stay ahead of the curve, The Home Depot is making a substantial investment in data science, innovation, technology, and design.
At BlackLocus, we collaborate with smart and diverse minds to explore exciting opportunities in the rapidly transforming retail space. We approach problem-solving holistically, integrating our research and knowledge of customer motivations and buying habits with scalable technology.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
80%- Delivery & Execution: Write clean, maintainable, high-quality code; Establish best practices across development projects; Help take new products from prototype to deployment; Solve problems with production systems and automate operations as much as possible
Stay current with advancements in technology and advocate for the appropriate use of those advancements in our own stack; End to end responsibility on projects of increasing complexity
20%- Mentoring: Mentor other engineers via design and code review
NATURE AND SCOPE
This role reports to the Director of Engineering BlackLocus.
This role has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
* Experience writing quality code in any language appropriate to the problem
* Experience collaborating with a diverse group of people.
* Knowledge in algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
* Experience with technical design and can speak to reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs
* Experience with persistent data stores and their query languages
* Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience and self-education
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
* Experience with either Java, Python, or Go as your preferred language
* Experience developing creative solutions to challenging problems in a self-directed, lean environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
* Ability to identify and document business requirements
* Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
* Ability to understand existing business processes and assist with efforts to (re-)engineer processes
* Strong project management skills, including strong process orientation, ability to work and lead cross functional teams, strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills.
* Ability to establish priorities and procedures for accomplishing work within established deadlines; ability to lead multiple projects and manage toward deadlines and deliverables
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal