Our team is looking for a new Software Engineer who is passionate about game technology and the developer platform. As an engineer in this group you will help us build software for the developer community and light up Xbox Live experiences for a whole new population of gamers. We desire to make developers work better, and by doing so to make XBoxLive the most successful game community product in the industry.
Are you passionate about building a gaming SDK and associated experiences that all XBoxLive developers will use? Do you love the idea of writing code that will be delivered to all platforms that XboxLive reaches? The breadth of our reach represents an opportunity to work across many technology stacks, and experience with native and mobile development is a plus. To be successful you will need to demonstrate phenomenal communication and collaboration as new features depend on coordination across internal and external teams coming from service, client, and gaming groups.
Xbox Live is an exceptional place to work for anyone with a real passion for addressing the needs of our current and future gaming fans. It is a place where we recognize that we are better when we work together, and better still when we lift and grow one another. Through your dynamic perspective and ideas, you will help strengthen our culture. And we have fun, a lot of fun. You should join us.
You have the opportunity to bring gaming scenarios to life on devices that nearly everyone has, while adding huge value to the Xbox business.
* A strong performance history
* Excellent design and coding skills and 3+ years of experience in C++
* Experience building developer-facing APIs
* Software development experience in game development
* Experience coding on at least two different platforms and demonstrated understanding of cross-platform coding issues.
* Some development experience on mobile or understanding of mobile-specific technical and design considerations
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Possess real passion for gaming or gaming related technologies and experiences
* Produce sensible, simple, and high quality software for infrastructure that interacts with modern services
* Demonstrate exceptional empathy for the software developer customer in both communication and in the software that you produce
* Work effectively across teams to address problems and collaboratively arrive at solutions
* Perform and thrive in an environment where your work can change rapidly in response to customer feedback and data
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.