Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver the ultimate entertainment experience through our community of connected consumers, advertisers, and media content providers. Through our connected entertainment platform, VIZIO is transforming the way consumers discover and experience media content. Since our founding in California in 2002, VIZIO has built an industry-leading brand of products, including televisions, sound bars and other devices. VIZIO's product leadership is highlighted by a number of industry reviews and awards, making the 2018 collection the most awarded in company history.
Our Seattle and Dallas locations are fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environments that primarily focus on VIZIO's SmartCast product line.
We are seeking a Software Engineer II to implement features in the Smartcast Platform Layer (SCPL), as well as adequately handle architecting solutions for longevity, flexibility, and cost-effective solutions all while performing at scale. (Additional responsibilities will include building a relationship with various vendors and participate in design and code reviews.)
* B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
* Extensive background in Linux, Python and web application development. Understanding and command of embedded systems and testing in an embedded environment. Confident across the entire application lifecycle -- concept, requirements, prototype, implementation, testing, deployment, production.
* 5+ years of experience with Software Development, 3+ years of Python development, 1+ years of web application experience (Django, REST).
* Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
* Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts.
* Experience with C/C++, Embedded Linux systems (x86/ARM), cross compilers.
* Experience with IoT, Websockets.
* Experience with Git and GitHub, CI systems, software release management.
* End to end testing, building out testing harnesses
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Vizio designs, manufactures and markets high-definition LCD/LED flat panel televisions and other home entertainment products.