Are you passionate about cloud technology? Do you want to learn the core of what matters in building a cloud service from the best people in the industry? The Power BI group is building micro-services infrastructure to service millions of users in massive data workloads and super-efficient processing time. Our code is in the bleeding edge of cloud technology, leveraging Azure capabilities like no other place. Rapid improvement in an agile environment is in the heart of our culture, and it gets faster and better every day.
* 3+ years' experience writing product code in a major cloud service (C++, C#, Node.JS or similar) including experience with algorithms, data structures, and software design
* 3+ years systems engineering or DevOps experience with large-scale, distributed infrastructures
* 2+ years' experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python etc.
* Solid foundation in both software and systems engineering
* Experience writing code to automate day-to-day tasks
* BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field
* 5+ years' experience troubleshooting, investigating, and fixing production issues in large scale cloud and/or hosted environments
* Skills in priority setting, analysis, communication, time management, scheduling, and multitasking
* Experience with building infrastructure using Microsoft Azure technology
* Sense of ownership and continuous improvement mindset
* Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* Proven verbal and written communication skills
* Love for the Service Lifestyle
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
* Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Our challenges are around big data scale, real time and mission critical data. We are looking for brilliant engineers, to join our team and make our world-class cloud infrastructure even better.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.