In Cognition, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that's scientists "meeting" on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we're incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We're a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
Microsoft was awarded a contract by the United States Army to prototype hardware, software, and cloud solutions for the Integrated Visual Augmentation System (IVAS) program. The program leverages technology from HoloLens to design a heads-up display that pushes the boundaries of mixed reality devices. Our team needs an experienced software engineer to ensure we deliver on the program's ambitious objectives.
* A BS or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
* 4+ years of relevant software design and development experience preferably on shipped consumer products or platforms
* Experience working within a research/rapid prototyping environment
* Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Experience in one or more of the following
* 3D UX and or Game Development
* Statistical Inference and ML
* Computer Vision or Natural Language Processing Algorithms
* Practical understanding of developing/architecting Azure-based applications.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. citizenship and/or U.S. permanent residence to meet federal government security requirements.
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Most of all, we want a happy customer that can delight in a successful product delivery and loves working with Microsoft. So, you'll need to embrace a customer first mindset.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Leverage research and cross group collaborations to answer research questions through experiential prototypes and technical demonstrations
* Produce research summaries, demos and recommendations from your work
* Own the quality of your software
* Own accurate design and costing for your engineering activities
* Actively participate in code, design and research reviews
* Actively contribute to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can do their best work
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.