In Cognition, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that's scientists "meeting" on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we're incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We're a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with DNA saturated with Quality. We are not just building an amazing set of products and experiences that will change the world…we stand passionate about bringing modern QA to our engineering paradigm here at Microsoft. Our Engineers will work side by side with User Researchers to:
1. Define the set of Features and Quality Goals we will aspire to achieve in what we build.
2. Inform and iterate on regular touch points with end users to verify and calibrate our direction.
3. Develop and execute engineering solutions to ensure great, stable, and reliable experiences for our most prized resource -> End Users
This will not be your traditional Quality Assurance role (STE, SDET, etc)-> this position will leverage your Engineering knowhow, customer empathy, technical background/ability, as well as challenge you in contributing to an approach to Quality that has the potential to not only change how we do quality across Microsoft but across the industry as well.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.• 3-5 years of experience coding (C, C++, or C# preferred)
* 3-5 years of experience delivering software, services, or devices at high quality
* Completed 2 or more full Software Development Lifecycles
* Experience in designing and developing test automation systems
* Skilled in identifying measures and telemetry metrics that will establish health, readiness, and performance quality
* A high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
* Excellent design and problem-solving skills
There are plenty of other skills that aren't required, but you'll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with…
* Experience in User Research
* Experience in Data Science, Data Engineering, and/or Reporting
* Software/Hardware development in Consumer Electronics
* Military or government contracts and product development, or Military Experience
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements. These requirements include, but are not limited to
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Plan and execute E2E quality solutions with the US Military, discovering needs, activating those needs into actionable, measurable outcomes that solve human problems, leveraging Mixed Reality and AI experiences.
* Engage directly with US Military, DoD Civilian personnel, and other Microsoft engineers, to plan, execute, measure and report on quality and insights as part joint user studies, juries, and touch points.
* Partner closely with our User Research team and capabilities, designing and executing thoughtful and agile experiments and studies aimed at creating measurable outcomes and performance improvement.
* Design/Implement agile and thoughtful infrastructure-based solutions for our Git engineering environment that supports quick, iterative, and reliable execution so that our human focus can be applied to the Customer Promises we deliver.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.